Premiered on October 16, 1948.
Sung in Russian with English surtitles.
Running time: 4 hours.
Presented with three intervals.
Libretto by Modest Mussorgsky,
based on Alexander Pushkin’s play of the same name
Version and orchestration by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov
Orchestration of “At St. Basil Cathedral” scene by Mikhail Ippolitov-Ivanov
Music Director: Nikolai Golovanov
Stage Director: Leonid Baratov
Designer: Fyodor Fedorovsky
Choreographer: Leonid Lavrovsky
Conductors: Vassily Sinaisky, Pavel Sorokin
Director: Igor Ushakov
Designer of scenery revival: Alyona Pikalova
Designer of costumes revival: Elena Zaytseva
Choreography revival: Ekaterina Mironova
Lighting Designer: Sergei Shevchenko
Chorus Master: Valery Borisov